15 July 2020
The long awaited news that we can re-open is here!
Just over a week ago, the government announced that all schools and colleges can re-open from September on, so this means for us that we can return, too!
Over the last weeks, we have been working on the changes we will need to make.
We will be in touch with all of our students who have had their courses interrupted to offer them new dates from September on. If you haven’t heard from us yet, please bear with us, we have a long list to work through.
At TouchWood South West the safety of our students and tutors is of utmost importance to us. We have completed our ‘Covid19 Secure Risk Assessment’ and are working together with our venues to make our return safe and will need to implement a few changes.
- When you arrive to your course, you will be guided to a place to wash your hands before starting the session. There will also be hand sanitiser stations throughout the workshop.
- We will make sure that all of our workshop venues will be well ventilated for our sessions.
- There will be a ‘one-way’ system in operation with a separate entrance and exit to the workshop space.
- We will ask everyone to bring a face mask with them. We also ask everyone to bring their own water bottle or flask and snacks, as we are not able to provide tea and biscuits at the moment.
- You’ll have your own tools, cleaned and ready in a personal tool caddy, so no sharing of those pencils for now! The few tools that will need to be used by everyone will be borrowed, returned and cleaned at a designated tool station in the workshop.
- If you have any symptoms such as a fever or a new continuous cough, or have recently been in contact with anyone displaying symptoms, we will ask you to stay away from the session. We will work with you and do our best to make a catch up possible.
20 March 2020
We have been paying close attention to the government’s most recent update on their response to manage the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19. They are recommending avoiding social contact and as of today all schools and colleges are asked to close, too.
The health and well-being of our students and tutors is our priority. We also accept that we share a social responsibility to behave in a manner that supports the community effort to halt the acceleration of the virus. Therefore we have decided to close all of our courses and workshops as of last Tuesday. We will remain closed and all of our courses and workshops will be postponed until the Government advises us that we can return to normal life.
We are a very small business and as such this unprecedented situation is incredibly challenging. We are trying to behave responsibly and fairly to our entire community of customers, students, tutors and suppliers. We would really appreciate your support whilst we find our way through this.
If you have already booked a workshop or a course with us, please be assured that your booking is valid and once the situation stabilises we will be in contact to offer new dates and discuss options with you. We hope you will understand that it is not practical that we begin this just yet and will update you as soon as we feel confident to start the process. It’s going to be quite a job for us but with your patience and understanding we will manage it.
We are already working on new dates for some of our shorter courses and will be in touch with those already booked with us as soon as we can.
For those of you who are booked on a course with us at the Schumacher College, we would really appreciate that you wait until we offer the college new dates. I am already in touch with the other tutors teaching with me for rescheduling those courses.
As a small business this closure has a huge impact on our income and we ask for your support so that we can carry on when we are allowed to do so.
It has been so sad and difficult this week, but also heartening to hear that you are already thinking of ways you can help us to keep going.
Watch out for our next email – We will be in touch again soon with a couple of ideas we have had up our sleeve for a while – now may be the time to share them with you!
We hope you remain healthy in the weeks ahead. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Please continue to support small businesses throughout this crisis, however you can.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Astrid, Rowena and all the tutors at TouchWood South West