Together with a team of experienced Trades Women, Touchwood South West have developed DIY Electrics for Beginners – Course for Women!
The courses are:
- Empowering – fix and maintain your own home without having to wait for someone else to do it!
- Practical – gain valuable hands-on experience together with important background knowledge
- Inspiring – start a journey of discovery and learning in all things DIY
This course is a great addition to our other DIY courses!
You will learn:
- about the fundamentals of how your house electrics work
- about the different electrical circuits in your house and how to isolate them
- what you can do yourself at home and what you can’t, as there are regulations around that.
- how to check if the plugs on your appliances are safe, do some simple maths and figure out what Watts, Volts and Ampere actually mean.
- about the tools needed to wire up a plug and then a double socket – and how to take the socket cover off for decorating for example.
- how to make informed choices and speak the language the tradespeople you hire
- how to avoid overloading circuits
- how to do some fault finding, wire up a plug, a light fitting and a switch – and then test if it works!
“It gave me basic knowledge of how the electrics in a house work and the confidence to be able to do some basic repairs to sockets and ceiling lights”PARTICIPANT FEEDBACK