Due to popular demand, together with a team of experienced Trades Women, TouchWood South West have developed DIY Skills Weekend Courses for Women!
The courses are:
- Empowering – fix and maintain your own home without having to wait for someone else to do it!
- Practical – gain valuable hands-on experience together with important background knowledge
- Inspiring – start a journey of discovery and learning in all things DIY
This course is great if you want to fix and maintain your home.
Mixing tile adhesive!
Learning how to cut tiles!
Tiles on, next is the grout!
Showing how to put tiles onto a wall
Mixing tile adhesive
Sticking tiles to the wall!
All the tools you need for tiling!
Lots of different colours!
Learning how to paint an example piece of skirting!
Learning how to cut in!
All the things you might need for painting!
Learning how to paint a chair effectively
This is what you’ll learn:
- Solutions to common decorating problems
- Which equipment is needed and how to use it
- The secret to decorating success – preparation and practice!
- How to prepare, prime and paint wood and plaster professionally
- How to tile on a horizontal and a vertical surface
- How to have your tiles stay on the wall and identify the right tiles for the job
- How to select and mix adhesive and grout
- How to cut tiles with a tile cutter and a wet saw
- How to tile a kitchen splash-back
“I felt really comfortable and empowered within an all women space”
“Fantastic value for money – very thoroughly planned. All the modules were delivered in great detail”PARTICIPANTS’ FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS COURSES