Due to popular demand, together with a team of experienced Trades Women, TouchWood South West have developed DIY Skills Weekend Courses for Women!
The courses are:
- Empowering – fix and maintain your own home without having to wait for someone else to do it!
- Practical – gain valuable hands-on experience together with important background knowledge
- Inspiring – start a journey of discovery and learning in all things DIY
This course is great if you want to fix and maintain your home.
This is what you’ll learn:
- Solutions to common decorating problems
- Which equipment is needed and how to use it
- The secret to decorating success – preparation and practice!
- How to prepare, prime and paint wood and plaster professionally
- How to tile on a horizontal and a vertical surface
- How to have your tiles stay on the wall and identify the right tiles for the job
- How to select and mix adhesive and grout
- How to cut tiles with a tile cutter and a wet saw
- How to tile a kitchen splash-back
“I felt really comfortable and empowered within an all women space”
“Fantastic value for money – very thoroughly planned. All the modules were delivered in great detail”PARTICIPANTS’ FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS COURSES