Due to popular demand, together with a team of experienced Trades Women, TouchWood South West have developed DIY Skills Weekend Courses for Women!
The courses are:
- Empowering – fix and maintain your own home without having to wait for someone else to do it!
- Practical – gain valuable hands-on experience together with important background knowledge
- Inspiring – start a journey of discovery and learning in all things DIY
This course is a great addition to our other carpentry courses!
This is what you’ll learn:
- Which fixings do I use? Do I need screws, nails or rawl plugs? Which are the correct fixings for different wall types like plaster, brick, concrete block?
- How to use a power drill and a cordless drill
- How to drill into different materials
- How to use a jig saw
- How to make a small shelf and a carpentry tool for sawing at home!
“A big thank you! One of the best courses I have ever taken, I learned so much”
“This course has given me so much confidence I never thought I had”PARTICIPANTS’ FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS COURSES